Ice Skating (4 realz)

         A few days ago our amazing teacher, Marianne, rented ice skates for our class! I absolutely love ice skating, so I was super excited. The lake has been frozen for the last two weeks or so, and on Friday, Morten (the outdoor teacher) declared it safe. We'd gotten a little snow, so the surface wasn't perfectly smooth, but it still worked! 


        After dinner, Bjorn, Sofia, Elise, Magdaline and I grabbed skates and helmets from the classroom and headed down to the lake. Magdaline and Sofia had both never skated before, so it was fun watching them learn. We stayed out for about an hour and a half, and we had a great time. 

Here's Bjorn, Sofia, me and Elise.

(we did actually have helmets, we just took them off when Cecilie took group pics)



        Partway through, the Digital Photo valgfag (elective) came down to the lake to take pictures. They formed a huge line like paparazzi and took pictures of us and the other skaters with the sunset. We had so much fun skating on Friday that we decided to go again on Saturday. Both Friday and Saturday we took day trips in the morning, then skated after dinner, and both nights I was asleep before 11 :) We've had some really fun days this past week, and though it's raining now, I hope we get the chance to skate again this winter. 





I'm not confident which video is which because this won't let me preview them, but I think you can see the helmets in at least one of them. 






Comments

  1. The Gloucester girl's hockey team is now playing. I bet they miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun, and I think I see hockey sticks in that second video!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Town

Bookbinding Seminar

Back at School