Quarantine (again)

         Quarantine. Aren't you so sick of that word? Well don't say 'sick' or they'll start looking at you funny. Maybe say you're just tired of hearing it. Oh but Fatigue is a symptom! I guess there's no way around it. 

        I've spent all day today in my room. Yesterday Sofia said she was feeling a bit off. That her tonsils were hurting. I didn't think much of it until last night when my mouth began to hurt. Then I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose, and we realized that both of us had inflamed tonsils. I didn't even know what tonsils were until this morning! 

        And so, here we are in quarantine again. This is almost definitely not covid, our symptoms don't really align, and it seems like it's probably a result of spending a week on a cold, windy, island. My friends have been bringing me meals all day, and I need to wear a mask when I open the door. They brought me an entire kettle of tea, and I've been spending my time listening to audiobooks and writing blog posts--I usually wouldn't post twice in a day but here we are. 

        This reaction may seem extreme, but I understand the school's reasoning. They needs to be extremely strict about illness. The policy is that if you feel at all under the weather, you stay in your room. We texted our teacher this morning, asking what we should do, and her words were "Stay in bed." Even though this seems like a regular, seasonal, illness, it would be really bad if it went around, and suddenly the whole school had cold-like symptoms. I haven't had a fever, and I feel mostly fine, save for my mouth, so hopefully I'll be allowed out tomorrow or Wednesday. I just want to keep everybody updated, and write this, since I'm trying to be as open on here as I can be. 

Comments

  1. Awww, sorry to hear. Have a speedy recovery!! I'm glad to hear you are being taken care of by your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! So sorry to hear this :( Drink the tea!! Sending you stor? mye? flott? love and tusen hugs Evelyn~Get well soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!! Get a good night's sleep. I hope Sofia feels better soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you are in quarantine again. I'm sure you will be well soon🙂 God bedring🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Town

Bookbinding Seminar

Back at School